Re: lynx-dev Bugs in lates lynx release

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bugs in lates lynx release
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 06:45:22 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Bob Izenberg said:

> Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 13:42:49 -0500
>
> An unrelated issue: I'd like lynx to respect the
> "copiousoutput"
> attribute in MIME mailcap files. Sometimes I have to deal
> with come
> wicked mime content types. If it is a mail attachment, I
> feed it into a
> view command defined in file $HOME/.mailcap, and then browse
> the stdout
> with usual PgUp/PgDn keys. Unfortunately, while accessing a
> web page in
> lynx, the same mailcap view command results in rapid rolling
> of all its
> stdout, and nothing is captured.

This overlaps one of my long-held wishes: Lynx should have the
ability to pipe the page with all headers into metamail as a
helper app.  This would fit with the philosopy of modularity,
and guarantee consistency of behavior with metamail.

I know; I know: if I want it, I should code it.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL