Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.1

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.1
Date: Fri, 5 May 100 16:40:16 -0400 (EDT)

> 5-May-2000 10:23 T.E.Dickey wrote:
> > I think these are also those that have been proposed for a 2.8.3rel.2 patch
>
> > 2000-05-05 (2.8.4dev.1)
>
> Seems KW suggestions for NSL_FORKed code around gethostbyname()
> vs  LYCheckForInterrupt() were lost during patch integration proccess
> (someone have reported high CPU load that should not be, please add a
> timeout in a while loop, for example).

not lost - I would like to investigate why the code doesn't work properly,
and have been extra busy this week preparing to move to another ISP.
Since I was getting late on Lynx, I decided to put in the fixes that I
was reasonably sure of.

(in fact, I think that was the only one left on the queue)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden

;