Re: lynx-dev Re: Administrivia: List "reply" address

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Administrivia: List "reply" address
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 19:55:59 -0700

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 07:37:05AM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> In a recent note, Webmaster Jim said:
>
> > Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 09:01:06 -0400
> >
> > On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 07:17:58AM -0500, Bob Izenberg wrote:
> > > Item for discussion: Should the Lynx-Dev list messages be
> > > sent with the message author's return address, or with the
> > > list's return address?
> > >
> > > Bob
> >
> > Three years ago, I would have said show the author's address But since .
> > I've been using mutt, I'm fine with the list address I can mail or cc  .
> > the author off-list if necessary                                       .
> >
> For non-mutters, here's a well-considered argument:
>
>    Linkname: "Reply-To" Munging Considered Harmful

NO, NO, NO!

We have been through all this before!

And we ALL OF US have LONG AGO seen that site.

If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

It works just fine right now, we're all happy with it,
all responses go back to the list, BY DEFAULT, which is
what we all LIKE, so we can ALL keep up with the discussion,
even lurkers.

David