Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with nmh problems

From: Michael Abraham Shulman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with nmh problems
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 11:31:09 -0700

"Klaus" == Klaus Weide <address@hidden> writes:

Klaus> Apparently either mhnshow or metamail does a umask() that the
Klaus> lynx process inherits.  But it is the 'x' bit, not the 'w' bit,
Klaus> that is missing.

According to strace, mhshow does a

umask(037777777177) = 02

Although I don't know how to read the umask that's getting set, all
those 7s probably mean it's masking the stuff that makes Lynx fail.
(The previous umask 002 is normal for Debian.)

\\// | R | T R | L B | /\ mailto:address@hidden
 \/ (Michael Shulman) //\\ http://kurukshetra.cjb.net/

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in
peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch and lick the
hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our
countrymen.
        -- Samuel Adams