Re: lynx-dev Re: Administrivia: List "reply" address

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Administrivia: List "reply" address
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 17:13:11 -0500

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 08:31:13AM +0200, Byrial Jensen wrote:
> You can tell Mutt to ignore the Reply-To: header. See about the
> "reply_to" and "ignore_list_reply_to" configuration variables in
> Mutt's manual.

These options are arguably hacks to get around broken mailling lists.

If a subscriber sends email from one address, but always sets their
Reply-To to another address, is their Reply-To address overwritten?

Are we ignoring the users wish to explicitly ask that replies be sent to
a specific address?

For a community that is often so dedicated to allowing the user to do
things the way they want to do (and David Combs is one of the loudest
voices in this aspect), having the list configured precisely in a way to
eliminate such a choice is mind-boggling!

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all