Re: lynx-dev Windows port of ash posted to alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Windows port of ash posted to alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 14:00:24 -0700

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 02:46:52PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> In case anyone has the Windows native (not Cygwin) version of GNU
> textutils and fileutils in their c:\bin or c:\windows\command
> directories, I've posted an sh.exe executable in
>
>       alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc

Why THAT site?

I thought that the word "warez" denoted STOLEN software,
that has been "CRACKED" by "crackers", people who figure
out how to defeat passwords, crypto, etc, of packages
that allow download for trial periods, thus transforming
them into "permanent" programs -- ie STEALING it from
the writer/vendor.

(The list I'm on re warez is about protecting yourself
FROM these people).

David