Re: lynx-dev COLOR WHITE and Ctl-C

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev COLOR WHITE and Ctl-C
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 18:12:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> "_pkt_inf == NULL" simply means the packet-driver was deinstalled
> before all sockets where properly closed; Lynx/DOS needs to send a
> RST if not connection was fully closed. That "someone" is probably
> stop_curses(). IMHO stop_curses() should call _eth_release() only
> if exiting to it's parent and not to a DOS-shell.

I'll see if I can fix this.

> Doug Kaufman <address@hidden> said:
>
> > During long DNS lookup, CTRL-C should get you back to lynx, asking
> > if you want to quit. Answering "n" should leave you in lynx. If
> > you type CTRL-C when not in DNS lookup, you will exit lynx to DOS.
> > This behavior is in the WATT-32 code, rather than in the lynx code
> > itself.
>
> I cannot see how this could be. I'm compiling with S-Lang, but shouldn't
> matter. My version behaves as documented. Watt-32 never calls exit()
> when SIGINT is raised. Seems that somehow "signal (SIGINT, SIG_DFL)" is
> in effect or you didn't compile Lynx with "IGNORE_CTRL_C". If the latter
> case, the exit is intended.

I have never compiled with "IGNORE_CTRL_C". Will this enable an exit
back to lynx from a hung "http request sent, waiting for reply"? I'll
try with that define when I get a chance to compile a new binary, and
see if it functions better under DOS. CTRL-BREAK should still be able
to break out to DOS.
                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman