lynx-dev Multibite characters for Lynx 2.8.3.rel1

From: Takuya ASADA
Subject: lynx-dev Multibite characters for Lynx 2.8.3.rel1
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 20:34:15 +0900

Hello, Lynx developers.

I tried 2.8.3.rel1 with ncurses-5.0, and I found it can't display
Japanese page correctly. I've discussed with Mr. Hataguchi, and
we found a "clearok(curscr, TRUE)" was commented out in GridText.c
at line 2289. And it was commented:

         *  Is this repainting necessary??  Let's try without.

You know, curses libraly tries to make tha cost of redrawing screen
lesser, then, it replaces only the 1st or 2nd bite of multibite
characters (such as Japanese). This is a reason for doing reflesh
here. Of cource, this is not best solution, but it works well.

So, please remove comment out in next release.

Regards,

Takuya ASADA