lynx-dev about fr.po of lynx 2.8.3

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: lynx-dev about fr.po of lynx 2.8.3
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 09:37:01 +0900

Hi all,

I am new to this mailing list so this might be already
discussed but as far as I searched I could not find this
issue so I would like to ask if this is a problem or not.

When I tried to compile lynx-2.8.3.tar.gz
(http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx-2.8.3.tar.gz)
which is described as "the distribution with available
international message catalogs" it failed to compile as

file=./`echo fr | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
  && rm -f $file && PATH=../src:$PATH /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file fr.po
fr.po:1555: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both begin with '\n'
fr.po:5520: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both begin with '\n'
fr.po:6511: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both begin with '\n'
found 3 fatal errors
make[1]: *** [fr.gmo] Error 1

I changed fr.po with that of old version (I forgot the precise
version) and succeeded to compile.

Is this bug? or already well-known?

Thanks in advance,              2000.5.20

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>