Re: lynx-dev strange intl/libintl.h

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev strange intl/libintl.h
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 13:57:04 +0900 (JST)

> lynx 2.8.3 is a bit peculiar, I think.

I'm not so kind as to say "a bit."  My personal recommendation would be
to use the configure options:
        --with-nls-datadir=$HOME/your/choice --enable-nls \
        --disable-included-msgs --without-included-gettext \
and in addition just "rm -rf po intl" to save a little on disk space.
As for intl/, either use the gettext tools in the Debian package or
get the latest distribution or version you like.  Maintain and use
libintl and the gettext tools independently of Lynx, i.e., use it for
any program.  As for po/, since you are interested in ja.po, and yours
is the most up-to-date since you are the one who is maintaining it,
it would be pointless to use the one included in the distribution.

> In general this might be not the problem but I maintais lynx-ja
> package for Debian JP and it is a problem that originally real

You are doing the right thing by using the libraries and tools
properly installed for your system, IMHO.  It is folly for lynx to
be trying to do more than it's own job.

__Henry