Re: lynx-dev strange intl/libintl.h

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev strange intl/libintl.h
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:22:20 +0900

From: Henry Nelson <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 13:57:04 +0900 (JST)

> > lynx 2.8.3 is a bit peculiar, I think.
>
> I'm not so kind as to say "a bit."

Well, in fact, I did not understand the situation so well.

>                                     My personal recommendation would be
> to use the configure options:
>         --with-nls-datadir=$HOME/your/choice --enable-nls \
>         --disable-included-msgs --without-included-gettext \
> and in addition just "rm -rf po intl" to save a little on disk space.
> As for intl/, either use the gettext tools in the Debian package or
> get the latest distribution or version you like.  Maintain and use
> libintl and the gettext tools independently of Lynx, i.e., use it for
> any program.  As for po/, since you are interested in ja.po, and yours
> is the most up-to-date since you are the one who is maintaining it,
> it would be pointless to use the one included in the distribution.

I see.  To tell the truth, I am interested in other *.po's too
and very discouraged to find that many of them are almost empty ;-)

> > In general this might be not the problem but I maintais lynx-ja
> > package for Debian JP and it is a problem that originally real
>
> You are doing the right thing by using the libraries and tools
> properly installed for your system, IMHO.  It is folly for lynx to
> be trying to do more than it's own job.

I am very glad to hear that.  Thanks for your advices.

Regards,                2000.5.22

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>