Re: lynx-dev 2.8.4dev.2 on OS/390 2.8

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.4dev.2 on OS/390 2.8
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:08:40 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Phil Sidler said:

> Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:51:27 -0700
>
> failed...
>
> A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.4dev.2
>
> Lynx now exiting with signal:  11
>
> CEE5207E The signal SIGABRT was received.
> [1] + Done(131) ./lynx
>   83886392      Abort   ./lynx
>

> How do I tell what the fatal error was?  I doesn't seem to matter what the
> URL is, they all fail.

First, try running "lynx -trace" and see if there's anything meaningful
in ~/Lynx.trace.

You appear to be running on OS/390.  I still haven't tried any
lynx 2.8.4* on OS/390, so I can't confirm or contrast your experience.

BTW, are you using Lynx with xterm XFree86 on OS/390?  Just curious
what your experiences are?

-- gil
--
StorageTek