Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:36:27 +0900

From: Henry Nelson <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:02:41 +0900 (JST)

> the extra parsing of lynx.cfg and coding for lynx.  Why do it?

Because I think it gives us more flexibility than the present
Lynx if I understand correctly the following;

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:06:57 -0500 (CDT)

> 1) Default is left to FALSE, to preserve previous behavior.
>    I.e. lynx.cfg options are honored, regardless of what LANG etc. say.
>    Packagers and distributors can easily change that, if they
>    are building for an environment where that's more appropriate.

I think it is not an enough reason that extra parsing of
lynx.cfg is needed to deny the proposal.

Regards,                        2000.5.24

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>