Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:37:23 +0900

From: Henry Nelson <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 20:32:55 +0900 (JST)

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:42:54 -0500 (CDT)

> A better answer would be to give those users the necessary knowledge
> or pointers, so they can set up lynx themselves.  Once they know, the
> can repeat it on any new system (even non-Debian, non-Linux, perhaps
> even non-UNIX), without depending on the existence of a lynx-ja package.

Yes of course I answered more in detail.
This is a comment in parenthesis so please do not think
it so seriously ;-)

I am not sure that the following translation is precise
or not, but an outline is as follows;

You can edit /etc/lynx.cfg so that it looks like

CHARACTER_SET:euc-jp

or you can press 'O' key in lynx to start option menu
and select 'Japanese (EUC-JP)' in 'Display character set'
to support Japanese but you can install lynx-ja then you
need nothing to do.

Regards,                        2000.5.25

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>