Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:26:20 +0500 (SAMST)

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Wed, 24 May 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 24 May 2000, Henry Nelson wrote:
> >
> > > I can do without the "force people" stuff.  If you need to make a Debian
> > > for dummies, just do a ln -s trick.
>
> And have to distribute 20-or-so different lynx.cfg files, all only slightly
> different?  Or create a customized lynx.cfg or .lynxrc each time lynx is
> called?

  I was thinking about on-the-fly generation of customized lynx.cfg and
.lynxrc. Probably it would be better to write it in Perl since it seems to be
more portable than sh.

> It's ugly, it's overhead, it's system-dependent.

  Of course. And in the worst case the script will be 60K big.

  But seems there is an even better approach - why don't do all customizations
only once in the script like lynx-setup, that will ask user for something
(probably) and modify lynx.cfg and user's .lynxrc (too bad we have to do it
for each user, or provide hacks to share default .lynxrc that lynx will use
when called). What do you think about this?

 Best regards,
  -Vlad