Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx still practical? (was Re: lynx should respect LANG)

From: pAb-032871
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx still practical? (was Re: lynx should respect LANG)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 00:36:47 -0700

Just curious about the one item here:

In "lynx-dev Is Lynx still practical? (was Re: lynx should respect LANG)"
[25/May/2000 Thu 23:10:16]
Michael Warner wrote:

> I'm interested in/seek out.  Actually, PDF files are a bigger
> nuisance for me than javascripted pages.  I tried filtering them
> through ps2ascii (I think?) but the result was, um, aesthetically
> lacking.
>
> So I probably fire up The Other Browser twice a week for PDF, and
> maybe once or twice a month, apiece, for javascript and pictures.
> Easily a 20:1 lynx-to-NS ratio.  But that's just me.

Why not tell Lynx to d)ownload PDFs so you can read them offline,
or even change your .mime.types file to show;

application/x-pdf  pdf

and force downloading.

Of course, this would only work with a self-standing PDF reader,
not if you only have a browser plug-in for this. . .

                    Patrick
          <mailto:address@hidden>