Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx still practical? (was Re: lynx should respect LANG)

From: pAb-032871
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx still practical? (was Re: lynx should respect LANG)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 03:47:26 -0700

In "Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx still practical? (was Re: lynx should respect LANG)"
[26/May/2000 Fri 00:36:47]
I wrote:

> Why not tell Lynx to d)ownload PDFs so you can read them offline,
> or even change your .mime.types file to show;
>
> application/x-pdf  pdf
>
> and force downloading.
>
> Of course, this would only work with a self-standing PDF reader,
> not if you only have a browser plug-in for this. . .

Thought of something else: if you're running a local copy of Lynx
-- on your own machine, not from a shell -- you could also define
your PDF reader as a downloader in lynx.cfg.  It would then show
up as an option in the download menu.

Your .mailcap file might be an even simpler way to go; defining
the reader as a viewer for .pdf.  I'm not sure if these files
are supported by MacLynx at all so I haven't messed with them
much, and am not too clear on how mailcap definitions are formed.
Sorry.

                    Patrick
          <mailto:address@hidden>