Re: lynx-dev After Javascript, SVG is New Accessibility Threat.

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev After Javascript, SVG is New Accessibility Threat.
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 04:43:42 -0400 (EDT)

From: pAb-032871 <address@hidden>

In "Re: lynx-dev After Javascript, SVG is New Accessibility Threat."
[27/May/2000 Sat 03:55:55]
Larry W. Virden wrote:

>> Or are they planning on leaving the blind, mobile computing, and
>              ^^^^^^^^
>> web search engines, out of their sites?
>
>I'm sure they're not planning anything

It's an unfortunate feature of the WWW history that many groups have in
the past and continue to in the present proceed design technology without
considering all the ramifications of the technology.

Any place where the planning HAS occurred _seems_ to have taken place
where advocates, such as those on this list and the other lists of impacted
arenas, have stepped out and been insistent enough to see that necessary
changes have taken place.  I do hope Patrick that you are acting as our
advocate on the SVG lists...

--
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden>
-><-