Re: lynx-dev Location: redirects and reading data

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Location: redirects and reading data
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 10:46:29 +0100 (BST)

> Does anybody have any reason we shouldn't close the connection after
> we've received all of the server's headers and there is a Location:
> redirect and we're using a GET or HEAD?  (Other than it being rude, of
> course.)

It breaks persistent connections, and would be triggered on every
redirect, as all are supposed to include some fallback text.  Even
if Lynx doesn't use persistent connections, a proxy might.  Lynx probably
should use them, although, without frames or images, most will time out
except when crawling.