Re: lynx-dev (key) Hex-ASCII values. . . ?

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (key) Hex-ASCII values. . . ?
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 17:00:08 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Klaus Weide said:

> Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 17:27:50 -0500 (CDT)
>
> On Sun, 28 May 2000, pAb-032871 wrote:
> > <> representations, and even pasting an Enter "character", with a hex
> > <> value of 03 into the KEYMAP section of lynx.cfg did nothing.  Messing
>
> That would be a Control-C character.  I somehow doubt that that's
> correct.  Maybe at some lower keycode level, but not at the ASCII
> level at which lynx should see the characters.

Control-C is "INTerrupt", a plausible coding for a key used to initiate
the processing of data by a program.  And I just checked -- the Key Caps
utility on my Mac generates 0x03 as the code for ENTER.  But this
is subject to many levels of software filtering -- a terminal emulator
probably wouldn't pass ENTER as 0x03 to the modem.  In fact, the
emulator I'm using now passes <CR><LF> to the modem.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL