Re: lynx-dev handling empty value for proxy URLs

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev handling empty value for proxy URLs
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:08:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:

>  But do think it's useful trick and we (well, probably me) shouldn't fix this
> funny bug?

Well, personally I'd prefer not to fix it, to keep my little trick
working... admittedly, that's not a very good reason.

But this is just a special case of an invalid xxx_proxy anyway, and I
don't think lynx should check whether a proxy is 'valid' or 'working'
in general before using it.

We've already fixed the problem with xxx_proxy without a trailing slash,
that circumvents a problem people had in reality.

   Klaus