Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 & HP-UX 10

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 & HP-UX 10
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 06:13:34 -0400

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 11:05:15PM -0500, Bob Izenberg wrote:
> [ Message from un-subscribed address address@hidden
> forwarded by moderator ]
>
> > HP-UX 10 has two curses files:  a monochrome curses in <curses.h> and a
> > color curses in <curses_colr/curses.h>.  Out of the box, Lynx thought that
> > curses.h had color but it didn't.  I edited LYCurses.h to include the
> > curses_colr/ version.
> >
> > Also, the corresponding library to link is -lcur_colr.  I added that and
> > lynx compiled and ran without errors.

This should work - barring last minute breakage, the configure script's checks
for color curses on HPUX have been used by other people.  I need more
information to determine the problem.

> > Perhaps you can put in a check for that in version 2.8.4.
> >
> > Attached is a copy of the configure output, if it helps.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Ken Burtch
> > Programmer/Analyst
> > Mackenzie Financial Corp
> >
> > ----
> > checking host system type... hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20
> > (cached) Configuring for hpux10.20

Someone's modified the configure script to not remove config.cache at the
beginning.  Not all of the tests work properly when run from cached values
(though that's not the reason for removing the cache).  The information
that I would need to determine what's wrong is not in this listing because
it is replaying mostly cached values.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com