Re: lynx-dev Command not found on make.. [../../Library/solaris2/libwww.

From: Mark Mentovai
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Command not found on make.. [../../Library/solaris2/libwww.a] Error 127
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:30:00 -0400 (EDT)

Roy Harrison wrote:
>I got the following error message when doing a "make solaris2"
>
>make[1]: ar: Command not found
>make[1]: *** [../../Library/solaris2/libwww.a] Error 127
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/bin/lynxin/WWW/Library/solaris2'
>make: *** [solaris2] Error 2

ar is in /usr/ccs/bin.  You should have /usr/ccs/bin in your PATH if you
intend on doing development work or building programs (like Lynx) from
source.

>I can't find a libwww.a file anywhere.

That's because the ar command is supposed to create it.

I haven't seen "make platform" used to build Lynx in quite some time - "sh
configure && make" does the trick now.  Be sure you have the most up-to-date
sources (2.8.3) from http://lynx.isc.org/release/.

Mark

--
Do not reply directly to this e-mail address