Re: lynx-dev arguments from stdin

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev arguments from stdin
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:18:50 -0500 (CDT)

(Glad to see your mails now have an attribution line :) )

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:                <<<<<<
> > Why not?  '-' means that stdin is read and parsed for additional
>
> why not?: because only certain options were allowed in stdin before, and
> I don't see where my changes modified that list.

All were allowed, only some were handled early.  Jast as with
real "command line" options.

> I checked that anyway by testing the 2.8.3 version, which did not
> read the URL from stdin, on Linux anyway (I don't have a djgpp version
> to experiment with).

Sure does for me.  Are we talking about the same thing?
Using binary from Debian packaged 2.8.3rel.1 to make sure it isn't
anything I have changed, and using -dump to exclude problems from
display library use of stdin, I get

   $ echo "http://lynx.isc.org/"; > /tmp/foo
   $ /usr/src/usr/bin/lynx -dump - < /tmp/foo
   [ correct content is dumped ]

   Klaus