lynx-dev Re: Man page status

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Man page status
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:10:29 -0700

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 02:30:07PM -0700, Steve Schlaifer wrote:
> Can you send me a URL for where to find pod?  I'm interested for other
> applications but a brief attempt at using a search engine hit lots of
> games but nothing about documentation.  Thanks for the help.

To WRITE pod takes merely an editor.

But to CONVERT it to anything requires the perl programs
that do that -- which in turn requires having an entire
perl distribution downloaded and running.

(Because perl is an "interpreter" -- perl programs are
useless without a perl running on your system.)

>From my bookmarks file:

http://www.perl.com/perl/info/software.html

is the place from which to download perl sources.

IF you are using a PC with windows, I believe you
have to search for a place called "activestate",
which provides free downloads of perl-binaries -- no
compiling or gcc needed.

And I believe that is the ONLY decent way to get a
perl running on a M$ system.

Perhaps there is a link TO activestate ON that
site I listed above.

Hope this helps.

David