lynx-dev struggling with lynx 2.8.4dev.3 config

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev struggling with lynx 2.8.4dev.3 config
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 00:23:16 -0400 (EDT)

This is really weird.

I do a fresh configure of lynx after applying the latest patches.  I do
a make clean, and then a make.  I get an executable lynx.  I do a
full install.  I then make sure that the lynx.cfg does an INCLUDE of
my localization changes.

I start the new lynx.  I do an O and then go to the link that shows me
what configuration values are used.  It shows that my INCLUDE is found.

The problem is this - the items in the INCLUDE are not being done.  For
instance, I define a cookie file name - it is being ignored.  I define
some keymaps; they are not taking place.  And so forth.

This despite the fact that the lynxcfg:/ shows the files being read
as expected (and as was being previously read).

I read over the CHANGES file and didn't notice anything that just leaped
out to say "Warning - lynx.cfg file processing has drastically changed".

Did I miss something?
--
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden>
-><-