Re: lynx-dev lynx checks a radio button by default

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx checks a radio button by default
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:38:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Hugo Haas wrote:

>Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:58:36 -0400
>From: Hugo Haas <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: lynx-dev lynx checks a radio button by default
>
>When there is a set of radio buttons, lynx checks the first one and it
>is not possible to uncheck it.
>
>See the Slashdot poll for an example:
>
>       http://slashdot.org/
>
>By default, lynx should not check any of the options and it would be
>nice if there was a way to uncheck a button if you checked it by
>mistake.

>From an HI perspective, one of a set of radio buttons *HAS* to be set.

Now this may disagree with the HTML standards, and if so, it must be
fixed.  Otherwise, setting the first one makes sense if none of the others
in the same group are set.

In other words, unless it conflicts with the letter of the law in the
standards, I'd say Lynx is doing the right thing and the other browsers
aren't.