Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.4

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.4
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:14:11 +0900

From: Hataguchi Takeshi <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 22:30:42 +0900 (JST)

> On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
>
> > I tested this version right now and found that it displays
> > Japanese characters much better than the previous version.
> [snip]
> > I compiled lynx with slang and I am not sure what changes
> > affected to this improvement but I reported this for your
> > information :)
>
> Thanks for reporting.
>
> Have you ever tested my sample file (*) which I'd posted on 20 May?
> Isn't your problem same as that?

Well, I did not test the sample file and I tested it but
I am not sure if the problem is same or not (very sorry).

> If they aren't the same problems, could you tell me a sample URL or
> show me a sample HTML file which has a problem with old version of
> Lynx?

For example I encountered the problem with lynx on kterm
when I visited

http://www.jp.debian.org/

the parts (sorry but the following two lines are Japanese)

セキュリティ情報
バグ追跡システム

was always displayed in a wrong way (Moji-bake in Japanese).

And http://www.jp.debian.org/Bugs/ itself was shown
with wrong characters in several parts.

But lynx 2.8.4dev.4 displays these pages correctly.

Thanks in advance,              2000.6.26

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>