lynx-dev Locale not working (Danish translation)

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: lynx-dev Locale not working (Danish translation)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:04:17 +0200

Hi,

After long hours of working on the Danish translation of Lynx,
version 2.8.4dev3, I'm now ready for testing it so that I can
polish off whatever rough edges that might remain and of course
also test its practical functionality.

However, I can't get the Danish messages to work at all, I've
done the following:

- configured LYNX with "--enable-nls"
- set my locale to "LANG=da_DK" (which gives me Danish
  messages in other apps)
- done 'msgfmt -o lynx.mo lynx2.8.4dev3.po'
- placed lynx.mo in /usr/local/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES
  as well as in /usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES for good measure

...but no Danish messages...

What fails me?

Thanks,

Morten