Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.4

From: Hataguchi Takeshi
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.4
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:19:52 +0900 (JST)

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> For example I encountered the problem with lynx on kterm
> when I visited
>
> http://www.jp.debian.org/
>
> the parts (sorry but the following two lines are Japanese)
>
> $B%;%-%e%j%F%#>pJs(B
> address@hidden(B
>
> was always displayed in a wrong way (Moji-bake in Japanese).

I tested this page and found a problem with Lynx 2.8.3.rel1.

Environment:
    Terminal    80x24
    User Mode   Advanced
    Screen      ncurses4.2

What I did:
    1. Open http://www.jp.debian.org/
    2. Press Space to show next page.
    3. Found these three lines were displayed in a wrong way.
        address@hidden(B
        $B%a!<%j%s%0%j%9%H%"!<%+%$%V(B
        $B%a!<%j%s%0%j%9%H$N9XFI(B

I think this problem is same as yours though the lines which have a
problem are different.  I think pressing ^L make the problem lines to
be displayed in a correct way.

Probably this problem is same as what Mr. Asada reported on 18 May.
And it seems to be improved by this change in dev.4.

| 2000-06-23 (2.8.4dev.4)
[snip]
| * restore commented-out "clearok(curscr, TRUE)" in display_page() in
GridText.c
|   to workaround problem repainting multibyte characters (reported by Takuya
|   ASADA <address@hidden>) -KW

By the way, does this mean Debian JP users have used Lynx with problem
in showing Japanese over an half year? uum...

P.S.
The results with other environments:
    - with a regular Slang lib
        Have problem same as ncurses4.2

    - with a Slang lib compiled with SLANG_HAS_KANJI_SUPPORT
        No problem
--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden