Re: lynx-dev Patent on Hyperlinks

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patent on Hyperlinks
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:28:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, David Woolley wrote:
>> & it's not worth going after anyone who can't pay your own legal costs.
>
>Unfortunately it often is, as they will tend to pay up rather risk their
>own legal costs.

Plus, isn't there any kind of issue regarding patents that is similar to
the "if you don't fight for it, you may lose it" issue for copyrights?

(Also, as long as I'm a company with the money to pay for legal costs, I
personally would fight for the principle of the thing..  As I can tell, I have
largely differing views over patents than most of the people here.  While
I think there are a lot of _stupid_ patents given out, patents in general
are a great idea, and I'm not philosophically opposed to software patents like
a lot of other people seem to be.  I don't mean to start a big offtopic
debate on this.)