Re: lynx-dev Locale not working (Danish translation)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Locale not working (Danish translation)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:28:06 +0900 (JST)

> - configured LYNX with "--enable-nls"

Other configure options like "--with-nls-datadir," "--disable-included-msgs,"
and "--without-included-gettext" will affect the outcome of the build.

> - set my locale to "LANG=da_DK" (which gives me Danish

Okay, but if you are using GNU libintl, you will want to check into the
use of "LANGUAGE."

> - done 'msgfmt -o lynx.mo lynx2.8.4dev3.po'

Probably okay, unless again you are trying to use GNU libintl on a
system like Solaris that has it's own NLS implementation.  (Install
tools with the g-prefix option, and then run "gmsgfmt.")

> - placed lynx.mo in /usr/local/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES
                                              ^^
If using GNU, I believe that directory name would have to be the literal
string you use in your environment variable, namely "da_DK," not just "da."

> What fails me?

Enough badgering of Tom for one day :)

__Henry