Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.4dev.2.patch.gz

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.4dev.2.patch.gz
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:54:11 +0900 (JST)

> > become immediately aware of their "brokenness."  It's not just the
> > library and include files that are important.  If you wish to argue that
> > those are all you are concerned with, then I repeat my question: what
> > makes libintl so different from libz, or libncurses for that matter, that
> > it has to be bundled in?
>
> repeating myself:

But not answering the question: why is libintl so special.

> most of what _I_'ve done is repair bugs in the gettext
> distribution's configure script and makefiles (which are not fixed in

Which you wouldn't have to bother with at all if /intl were not bundled in.
I know your aversion to it, but `./configure; gmake` worked for me without
a hitch (gettext-0.10.35) on Solaris2.6 and NetBSD1.4.1 (vanilla "make" okay
on the latter).

> the current version either).  If you wish, you can certainly install gettext
> and link against that.

That (or use the libintl/gettext tools pre-installed on your system) has
been my recommendation from the beginning.

__Henry