Re: lynx-dev Locale not working (Danish translation)

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Locale not working (Danish translation)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:36:19 +0200

Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden> said:

> Well, I am not sure but the easiest way would be;

> - put your lynx2.8.4dev3.po as da.po (renamed) in lynx2-8-4/po/
> - configure as above and make, make install

> Does not this work for you?

Yes, thanks.

When I did the Mutt-translation I seem to recall that I just
copied the mutt.mo into the locale-dir and then it worked, so I
wasn't aware that I needed to follow this procedure.

> BTW, da.po seems already present;

> "POT-Creation-Date: 1999-05-25 07:12:28-0400\n"
> "PO-Revision-Date: 1999-09-29 00:07+02:00\n"
> "Last-Translator: Kenneth Christiansen <address@hidden>\n"
> "Language-Team: Danish <address@hidden>\n"

Only about 15% was translated much of which needed some
correction.

> and this one worked for me (it is a bit unsure because
> I can not understand Danish ;)

You don't know what you're missing <g>

Apart from that I'm wondering why some very important
user-information like for instance the explanations in the
keymap are not part of the pot-file so that they can be
tranlated as well. If the developers are really interested in
internationalizing Lynx this should be changed.

        #: LYMessages.c:272
        msgid "Jump to (use '?' for list): "

I translated this as well but the original English message
persists nontheless...

BTW, I will send the po-file to Webmaster Jim, once it has been
reviewed on the sslug-locale mailing list.

Best regards,

Morten