Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.4dev.2.patch.gz

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.4dev.2.patch.gz
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:09:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:

> Possible answers:
>  Because it allows NLS on platforms without installing gettext separately,
>  even where having a pr-existing gettext installation would be highly
>  unusable (if at all possible), for example DOS.

I don't think that there is a problem with gettext on DOS, although I
haven't used it extensively. The DOS lynx binary that I distribute is
linked with libintl.a and seems to work properly with the .mo files
that I tried. Binaries of the GNU gettext package are available from
any DJGPP mirror site, so there isn't any need for a compiler.
                                 Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden