lynx-dev Re: Installation Win95?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Installation Win95?
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:01:18 -0400

000629 George Waller wrote to me:

please send all messages to  address@hidden ,
where everyone will see them & you'll have more chance of help.

> I am desperately trying to find instructions to how to install Lynx on Win95
> I have downloaded ver 2.8.1

the latest release is 2-8-3 from  lynx.isc.org/release/ , but ...

> and have unzipped  files to a folder called /Lynx/
> but I have no idea how to install
> (If I open what I understand to be the main Lynx.exe file
> the MSDOS window opens briefly with <unable to find address> message
> then closes...

... what you probably want is a precompiled binary,
which you should find at  www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm
or  www.jim.spath.com/lynx_win32/ .
if you still have problems, ask again at lynx-dev.