Re: lynx-dev Expires: - http-header

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Expires: - http-header
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:59:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Florian Zumbiehl wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Is there any way to instruct lynx to reload some html page from
> the server every time? Expires: http-header does not work
> properly...

Do you mean (1) as a lynx user or (2) as a page author?

If (1),
  - ^R key, 'x' key
  - '-reload' flag for first page
  - '-resubmit_posts' for some special circumstances involving forms

If (2),
  - 'Pragma: no-cache', 'Cache-control: no-cache', 'Cache-control:
     max-age=0' and 'Expires: <date and time in the past>' should
     all have the same effect.  In my experience, they work as
     expected.  If you disagree, first define what you mean by
     "work properly".

 Klaus