Re: lynx-dev leaked test

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev leaked test
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:37:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> mu%0d%0d
> mu.

Awfully sorry for this leaked test...

Still, it's relevant.  How'd you like implementing Leonid's idea
from <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month021999/msg00469.html>:

| I got an idea that mailto: built-in interface looks ugly
| and may be replaced with form-based menu with TEXTAREA
| which now integrated with editor due to recent changes.
| This may be not a wonderful thing for blind users
| but nice for others.
| Seems like a story with the options menu,
| made a simple new interface instead of moving into a mess of LYMail.c
| Currently just an idea, no coding yet.

with *no* changes to lynx code, just a couple lynxcgi scripts and
a RULE redirection?  (That's what I was testing.)

Pick any CGI e-mail package, of the many that are publically available.
Install it as a local lynxcgi script(s).  Modify slightly if there
are hardwired assumptions about using "real" CGI (like hardwired "http:"/
"https:" absolute URLs).
Redirect mailto:* to a page with a form including a textarea for entering
the message body, with action pointing to the CGI e-mail package's
script that invokes sendmail.  That's basically all.

No lynxexec/lynxprog.  Stuff like "...&subject=...&cc=..." from the
mailto URL can get passed to the page for composing (a lynxcgi script)
in the usual CGI way, with special characters already URL-escaped
(as they should be in mailto URLs).

   Klaus