Re: lynx-dev HTString.c patch for HTQuoteParameter()

From: Duncan Simpson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev HTString.c patch for HTQuoteParameter()
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:39:04 +0000

Some electrons tell me you wrrote:

> Please remember that the DOS port can not use fork(), so this might
> cause portability problems. I don't know about other platforms where
> it wouldn't work.
>                             Doug

The magic I demonstrated is unlikely to have a prayer of working on the DOS
shell, so that port would need different code anyway. I would therfore
advocate moving the external program spawn into a functuon with seperate POSIX
nd DOS implmentartions. ON POSIX systems, and cygwin, use fork(2), exec*([23])
and wait*(2). If DOS bugs require you to use system(3) then that version of
the code can do that.

--
Duncan (-:
"software industry, the: unique industry where selling substandard goods is