Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.5

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.5
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:19:02 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Thomas E. Dickey said:

> Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:00:55 -0400 (EDT)
>
> > > I don't see my message coming back from the mailing list (I checked in
> > > dev.5 last night).  I think I'm mostly caught up again, though I am
> > > awaiting the denouement of the Vlad/Klaus thread regarding EXTERN.

I didn't get it.  Is everything in the archive?  If not, I'd appreciate a
repost of anything that's missing.

>From the CHANGES file:

    Changes since Lynx 2.8 release

    2000-07-16 (2.8.4dev.5)
    * remove "*:OS/390:*:*" item from config.guess -PG
    * add os390 item to $host_os case-statement in configure.in -PG

Thanks.  But I don't see this reflected in configure.  Did you run autoconf?

    * move $host_os case-statement in configure.in before some configuration
tests
      such as CF_BUNDLED_INTL which might perform compile-time tests -TD

Again, thanks.  But I fear this is insufficient.  Since the case branch sets the
default name of the compiler to "c89" instead of "cc", it must be performed
before AC_PROG_CC.  The MKS patches actually modify AC_PROG_CC to search for
"c89" before "cc".  This is good POSIX/XOpen.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL