Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.5

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.5
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:04:31 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Thomas E. Dickey said:

> Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:58:00 -0400 (EDT)
>
> ok - I'll have to revisit this, then.  This is the only one where you want
> to force the compiler to be different; probably I should put c89 into the
> AC_PROG_CC macro's search list (though thinking about it, I can recall
> that introduces problems with some platforms - using c89 would preset
> definitions that broke the POSIX headers)

In fact, it breaks on the OS/390 platform.  -D_ALL_SOURCE is necessary to
mend it.  But I still feel more comfortable with ANSI C (c89) than with
K&R C (cc).  (OS/390 makes them aliases for the same executable with
different options.)  Besides, the MKS OS/390 enhanced AC_PROG_CC prefers
c89 to cc, so I should be prepared to deal with c89.

--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL