Re: lynx-dev Borland compiles

From: Lloyd Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Borland compiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:32:26 -0400

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 23:22:22 -0400, Webmaster Jim wrote:

>I've built and uploaded 2 Lynx executables. One is the 2.8.3 release and
>the other is 2.8.4dev6. I could not find the problem with pop-up video
>attributes for the release, so I'm giving up. It is working correctly in
>2.8.4.
>
>These are not extensively tested, so please give me feedback before I
>send them to SimTel. Thanks!

Hi, Jim.  I didn't have the patience to follow this up, but I
experienced the following on 2.8.4 dev 6:  I decided to save the
currently displayed page to disk from the Print menu.  I used ctrl-U to
clear the supplied filename and typed my own.  The save succeeded, but
Lynx must have exited immediately afterward, because I was dumped back
onto the desktop without warning at that point.  I don't have that sort
of problem with 2.8.3 rel.  I do have a working Temp directory.  I ran
Lynx from my existing lynx.cfg.  This is in Win98 with the Vocal-Eyes
DOS screen reader.

>http://jim.spath.com/lynx_win32/ly283rel.zip
>http://jim.spath.com/lynx_win32/ly284d06.zip
>
>------
><http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/us/md/lib/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
><http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
>Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
>I ache therefore I am.  Or in my case, I am therefore I ache.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
home:  <address@hidden> <http://lras.home.sprynet.com/>
Work:  <address@hidden>         <http://www.loc.gov/nls/>