Re: lynx-dev SSL, VMS and MMS (actually MMK)

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SSL, VMS and MMS (actually MMK)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:29:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> I couldn't find the RSA library.  Yeesh, now I can't even find the
> URL for getting the library.

I've noticed it seems to be gone (I'm not using it, but was curious
a month or so ago about OpenSSL).

> My understanding was that that library is only necessary for certain
> types of cryptography.
>
> In any case I tried building it using MMK and it died on the link,

I've only tested with the build.com file (I don't recall updating
descrip.mms, so it is not up to date -- I see that is true of
[.src]descrip.mms).

> However... my compile does not successfully access https URLs.
>
> I am guessing that the problem occurs because of changes to
> LYNX2-8-3]MAKEFILE.IN

no - I don't know if anyone has built lynx + ssl for VMS, but the
makefile.in is not related.

> But I don't think mmk makes any use of the makefiles.

descrip.mms is the file that mms (mmk) uses as a default instead of
"makefile".  MMS will use "makefile" if it cannot find descrip.mms

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com