Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links

From: A. R. Vener
Subject: Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 13:13:43 -0400 (EDT)

Apparently there are different modes of displaying
the links on the screen.  I am also using a DOS box with
Vocal-Eyes as a talking vt100 terminal. This is connected
directly to my Linux box via ttyS0 (aka Com1).

There was an advantage to having lynx only highlight the
currently selected link.  First it automatically spoke the
name of the link to which it moved since they chhanged from
normal text to highlighted text and Vocal-Eyes saw this as a
string update.  Second it was much easier for me to locate
the cursor especially if the link used a nice long name. :-)

I do use show_cursor and it does speak the name of the link
when it moves around the screen, but I can never find the cursor
visually since it is lost in a welter of highlighted boxes and I am
forecver hitting the review key to get a cursor location update.

I don't know why it is important for me to know this, but it is!

mode?