Re: lynx-dev Colors, reverse video, bold....

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Colors, reverse video, bold....
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 21:05:27 -0400

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 05:36:17PM -0700, Dave Williams wrote:
> The recent discussion of link highlighting interested me:
> I tried some time ago to compile lynx 2.8.something so that
> I could get to the only secure site I have so far wanted to
> visit....  Turns out I also needed Java, so I went back to
> 2.7.2, because...every link showed up in reverse video.

2.7 didn't try to use color with ncurses, iirc, 2.7.2 used different
settings than 2.8 to decide if it should try to use color.  Is your
terminal displaying color?  That's offhand the only related issue I
can recall (ncurses 1.9.9e combines colors incorrectly, though lynx
has been tweaked to work around _that_, I'm fairly certain that fix
wasn't in 2.7.2).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com