Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links

From: A. R. Vener
Subject: Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:08:17 -0400 (EDT)

I've tried a few experiments.
In lynx.cfg I uncommented and modified the following line:
COLOR:1:black:white
  Result: no change, still got reverse vidoe on all links.
2) So I tried
COLOR:1:white:black
  Result: same
3) Next I tried
COLOR:1:black:blcak
  Result: no change...hmmmm, I'm still getting reverse video
  that is, white background with black text no matter what I set
  the foreground or background to.

Just to be sure that I was modifying the right lynx.cfg file I
set VI_KEYS_+ALWAYS_ON to false.
  Result: vi key cursor control stopped.

Next I went to the ncurses installation node and tried the
ncurses command to examine character attributes.  Bold was bold,
reverse was reverse.

I remain mystified.

One question that comes to mind: Why doesn't changing the lynx.cfg
color settings modify the appearance of the screen?

In all cases I was running without a .lynxrc file so lynx was
not picking up any local options.

Rudy