lynx-dev Bug with 'g'<tab><tab>?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Bug with 'g'<tab><tab>?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:34:06 -0300

Hi. Tested with 2.8.4dev.6 compiled with ncurses 5.1. When I hit
'g'<tab><tab> I get the list of visited sites. But there's
something very strange. I just sent an e-mail and doing 'g'<tab>
I get:

A lot of blank lines
----- Dear Sir/Madam

> Address: Rua Presidente Pedreira 10 - Inga
http://www.compuvest.com/
http://www.compuvest.com/
http://www.compuvest.com/
http://www.compuvest.com/
http://www.linux-usb.org/
http://www.linux-usb.org/
http://www.linux-usb.org/
http://www.linux-usb.org/
http://www.linux-usb.org/
http://www.linux-usb.org/
http://www.linux-usb.org/
http://www.linux-usb.org/
(more stuff)

Is this a known problem to:

1- Include all lines of the message I sent using 'g'+mailto:address@hidden
(no editor set at the Options Menu) at the 'g'<tab><tab> list page?

2- And what about repeating the visited URLs? 4 and 8 at the example.

BTW, since I'm writing about 'g'<tab><tab>, what about separate buffers
for at least 'g'<tab> and 'j'<tab>? I'm not going to use what I entered
at one prompt in the other, but just an example of what may happend:

I visited ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/ typing 'fgo' at the 'j' prompt
I visited freshmeat.net typing freshmeat.net at the 'g' prompt

Then I want to go back to ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/ using the 'j' prompt,
but only typing 'j'+f<tab>. Needless to say, I get the URL freshmeat.net
at the jumps prompt, and it of course doesn't work. 'j'+fg<tab> works.
What I'm trying to understand is why Lynx isn't using separete buffers
for 'j'umps and 'g'oto (and maybe other prompts) if they don't seem
to be shared. Any downside?

Regards,