Re: lynx-dev problem solved

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem solved
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:22:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, A. R. Vener wrote:

> My terminfo manpage  seemed to make it all the way through. I sckipped to
> the end to learn about the associated tools  (tic, infocmp, etc).

I think he's referring to the behavior on Solaris, etc - ncurses'
terminfo manpage includes some large generated tables that rely
on groff (nroff handles only 26 items).  So the choice is between
making it work for nroff (at the expense of a lot of duplicated
effort), or documenting the limitation (which I did).

(there's several orders of magnitude more than a handful of people
who can make a usable terminfo entry, but still probably only 5%
of developers).

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com