Re: lynx-dev teraterm

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev teraterm
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:45:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:

> perhaps Kermit still has a version which runs under DOS.  I haven't
> looked at DOS-based emulators since ~1994, but at that time Kermit
> was the only one that I looked at which could handle 132-columns.

MSKERMIT is generally acknowledged to have the best terminal emulation
for DOS, and should work with ncurses on the unix host. You still
shouldn't see color, however, unless you use a terminfo file with
color defined. I generally use the vt320 emulation, rather than a
vt100, since the vt320 allows transparent transmission of characters
(useful when I have the DOS machine set to use ISO 8859-1).
                                 Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden