Re: lynx-dev More discussion about javascript

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev More discussion about javascript
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:29:58 -0700

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 03:47:36PM +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, David Combs wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 09:16:34AM -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> > >
> > <SNIP>
>
>  The console interface for mozilla is discussed (so in theory it would be
> possible to use it from the shell acount if such flavor of mozilla was
> available). But I doubt it will exist, and if it did it would be huge
> (about 20 Mb of disk space will be required) and I doubt ISP will allow to run
> it from shell account.

Well, they allow emacs   :-)

Now for the ":-(".  Netcom/Mindspring/Earthlink today notified all
us shell users that they will discontinue shell accts as of 30sep00.

Anyone know of any decent places with shell-accounts?

Maybe with broad network of phone numbers.

If not, well, I am just outside of New York City, about
20 miles north (New Rochelle, NY).

Feeling rather low right now.   WAAAAAA!  I don't WANT to
go-GUI!

Without shell acct, TRN will be FAR less nice; right now,
trn runs on the isp's computer, and has instant access to
the news-database.

David